The World of Little Dragon

Where anything is possible

Discussions

Forum Home > Dungeon Masters Aid > DMA Demo released on this site

Tarsk

The demo of DMA has been added to the site for download. Enjoy and let me know of problems or suggestions. Likes and dislikes are nice too.

September 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doomrock

I'm having problems with vista. Dma loads but when I double click on a character name it stops working. Dma support 'seems' alright. Is there anything else I could tell you to help?

Jamie.

October 2, 2009 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Dragon (LD)
Site Owner

I've never run it in Vista, but have been told there were problems. If the support version is working then it may be in the MFC layer since the support version used my own code to and not the Microsoft MFC.

The characters are loaded when clicked, so there may be something in the character file as well  ... Can you email me the exported character file for testing? Be sure to export all included inventory items, etc. that go with the character.

October 3, 2009 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doomrock

Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. The character names load into the tree in the sidebar, but that is it. You can't do anything else with them.

NPCs are the same.

October 3, 2009 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Dragon (LD)
Site Owner

My bad.. DMA Loads the character names from the character index in the chars directory. It's not until you actually click on one of the names that the character record itself is loaded. This is in contrast to the way CoreRules loads data (all at once).

If the crash occurs when you attempt to process the character record, it could be a problem on Vista with the tree code, or the DMA processor.

Or it could be the character files. There are several fields not yet discovered by me that cause DMA to fail on occation. I have tried to use every combination of data to discover all the fields, but have missed some. The good news is others have found them and we've been able to fix the code.

I am in the process of getting a Vista setup, but in the mean time checking one of the failing characters would help eliminate the character data as a issue for DMA.

October 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.