The World of Little Dragon

Where anything is possible

Discussions

Forum Home > DMA > wont start on vista

Kenwolf

i tryed to use it but it just wont load on my vista machine no more. i had it woprking on it a few monthes ago  but now it wont work at all.  i keep getting this error

Runtime error !

program: C:\users\kenwo...

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

please contact the application's support team for more information.

for some reason it just wont work for me no more :(

August 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kenwolf

well i tryed and tryed to get it working on my vista machine with no luck. but it workes great on my windows 7 laptop. i am very happy with it.

August 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Dragon (LD)
Site Owner

I remember working with you to get it working on Vista, but I don't recall the issue. I never liked Vista..

Glad it's working on Windows 7 thought :D

On your Vista machine, do you happen to have it set to run in compatibilty mode? If not, you may want to check the compatibily settings and see if that helps.

August 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kenwolf

yeah you helped me get it going a while back but with all the updates to vista it stoped working, but where it works on my windows 7 laptop that i turned into my D&D computer i dont really need it on vista now.  i do love that program tho and i am starting to use it now a lot more. i hope you keep working on it. you got one awesome program.

August 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Dragon (LD)
Site Owner

The problem with continuing to work on it is that while 5 or 6 people said they like it and want me to do more, there has been really little push to do it.  I don't get to get on the computer much these days with the 2 kids and all, but I'd really like to find time to develop it further.  Maybe I'm just going to have to work longer nights :P

September 2, 2010 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vordrax

I just put DMA on my Win 7 PC and it won't load at all - it crashes immediately on startup. No splash screen or anything, just straight to the dialog box that asks whether I want to check for solutions online and THEN close the program, or just close it now. I've tried running as an administrator and running in Win XP compatibility mode, but with the same effect.

April 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Dragon (LD)
Site Owner

This is better discussed in the Windows 7 area.. I'm going to address it there....

April 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.